There’s a lot more to Albuquerque than visits to the historic Old Town, including the popular Nob Hill Neighborhood. Unlike Old Town, it’s not within walking distance of our Inn, but the Nob Hill restaurants and attractions you’ll find there, including famed Historic Route 66 attractions, make a trip to this part of Albuquerque more than worth it!
Though many of our guests love the convenience of walking to dinner in Albuquerque’s historic Old Town – which happens to be home to some of the best restaurants in Albuquerque – we also love sending our guests to delicious meals at Nob Hill restaurants. Visiting these restaurants also offers the perfect excuse to explore this unique part of Albuquerque!
Nob Hill was named after the neighborhood of the same name in San Francisco. It was developed extensively between 1920 and 1950 and now features several destinations on the National Registry of Historic Places. The neighborhood is also home to some of the top attractions on Historic Route 66, as Central Avenue runs right through the heart of it.
Luckily, the neighborhood and its many fantastic Nob Hill restaurants are just 15 minutes from our Bed and Breakfast in Albuquerque, making it easy to get out and enjoy an evening. Our central location is one of the best things about staying with us – especially if you plan to spend time in Albuquerque’s walkable Old Town. There’s truly no better place to stay in Albuquerque. Book a room today!
The Best Nob Hill Restaurants in Albuquerque
If you only have a day or two in Albuquerque, you’ll likely spend most of your time in the Old Town Neighborhood, home to many great shops and restaurants, and some of the best museums in Albuquerque. If you have the time, though, we highly recommend you get out and explore places like Albuquerque’s Nob Hill Neighborhood. It’s a hip, trendy, and fun place to explore – and Nob Hill restaurants just so happen to be some of the best in town!
The historic Nob Hill neighborhood is a great place to experience the fusion of old and new. The main thoroughfare through Nob Hill is Central Avenue, which also runs right past our Bed and Breakfast in Albuquerque. You’ll get an authentic feel for the historic Route 66 fame without traveling too far and have some delicious food while you’re at it. There are more than 50 Nob Hill restaurants to consider, all within a one-mile stretch of road. We’ve narrowed it down to eight of the best for you below!
- One of our favorite Not Hill Restaurants is Zinc Wine Bar & Bistro. Not only is it a great place to grab a glass of wine, but they also offer a delicious menu that is upscale and focused on showcasing local and seasonal ingredients.
- Don’t miss the tapas and drinks at Gecko’s Bar + Tapas. There are two locations in Albuquerque, but the Nob Hill location is the original.
- One of the newer Nob Hill restaurants that has earned plenty of praise is M’Tucci’s Bar Roma – perfect for those days you want a break from otherwise delicious New Mexican cuisine. The food is delicious, they have a great wine list, and the upscale decor and ambiance make this a great spot for date nights and special celebrations.
- If you’re a vegetarian and looking for a great meal out, Nob Hill restaurants like Mata G Vegetarian Kitchen most certainly won’t disappoint.
- One of our favorite Nb Hill restaurants for lunch is Farmacy.
- For a casual meal out, it’s hard to go wrong with pizza. One of the best places in town, Il Vicino Wood Oven Pizza, just so happens to be in the Nob Hill Neighborhood.
- For some delicious ethnic cuisine beyond traditional New Mexican cuisine, head to Ajiaco Columbian Bistro.
- Finally, enjoy some traditional French-inspired dishes at Frenchish, rated as one of the best Nob Hill restaurants.
There’s so much more to the Nob Hill Neighborhood than just great food, so definitely give yourself plenty of time to explore this eclectic neighborhood!
The Best Bed and Breakfast in Albuquerque
After a delicious meal at these exciting Nob Hill restaurants or an evening walk around the historic Old Town, there’s no better place to call your home away from home than our Bed and Breakfast in Albuquerque. We’re conveniently located just off Central Avenue at one end of Albuquerque’s Old Town neighborhood. Many of the city’s top attractions are within walking distance from us, and the rest are just a short drive away.
Our location is just one thing guests love about our Bed and Breakfast in Albuquerque though. We offer seven well-appointed and true-to-hour-history guest rooms, meaning you won’t have large crowds to contend with when you stay here. This home has a fascinating history behind it, and we’d love to share it with you, but despite its historic nature, we’re sure to provide our guests with all the modern appointments you crave in your getaway.
Our favorite amenity is our delicious multi-course breakfast in the morning. We rotate our menu daily for variety and feature some delicious southwest-inspired courses. You won’t go hungry here! All of those comes with a dose of friendly, service-oriented hospitality that will genuinely make a difference in your overall experience here. Book a room at our Bed and Breakfast in Albuquerque today!