Dining in New Mexico is almost always a flavor explosion for your tastebuds, and it’s looking to be no different in 2023. As in years before, there are some genuinely fantastic Albuquerque restaurants to enjoy while you’re in town. Some of these Albuquerque restaurants are long-time favorites, and some are newcomers to the scene that have delighted all who’ve ventured through their doors.
Much of the food served at the top Albuquerque restaurants is, as expected, traditional New Mexican cuisine. This, of course, means there is often chile – whether red, green, or Christmas – involved. You can also find plenty of other cuisines in the city, though, not to mention a healthy rotation of cocktails, great beer, and other craft beverages. In short, your culinary adventure through Albuquerque in 2023 is going to be anything but boring!
Though it’s easy to get lost in the delicious nature of these Albuquerque restaurants, don’t forget that there are plenty more things to do in Albuquerque this year, too, including shopping and exploring your way through Old Town. All over the city, you’ll find excellent shopping, plenty of breathtaking natural scenery, an overwhelming abundance of history and culture, and plenty of fun activities to enjoy, including hot air ballooning in the nation’s ballooning capital.
10 Best Albuquerque Restaurants in Downtown & Beyond
Depending on where your adventures take you for the day, there are plenty of fun and vibrant neighborhoods filled with great food in Albuquerque. Many of the top Albuquerque restaurants are located downtown. They are easily accessible from our Bed and Breakfast in Albuquerque, and still, others like the popular Nob Hill restaurants and even right here in the heart of Old Town Albuquerque.
Below, we’ve compiled a list of some of the best Albuquerque restaurants worth sampling in 2023.
- If you’re looking for upscale Albuquerque restaurants aside from Antiquity (which is one of the top restaurants in Old Town we tout to guests), we love to recommend Le Troquet. This comfortable eatery features delicious twists on French classics, and it’s an excellent place for couples in town celebrating anniversaries or other special occasions.
- You may not think of pizza as upscale until you’ve been to Farina Pizzaria and Wine Bar. The pizza there is European-style with very thin crust, baked at 900 degrees. You can one of their fabulous salads as a side or as your main dish. The roasted olive appetizer plate is a must-try.
- For delicious New Mexican foods and a quintessential taste of Albuquerque, your tastebuds won’t forget, head to Monroe’s Restaurant.
- For a taste of traditional Brazilian churrasco, don’t miss Tucanos – a tried and true favorite among Albuquerque restaurants for more than 20 years!
- If you’re looking for something simple yet delicious from Albuquerque restaurants, we recommend the Holy Cow burger from Holy Cow Burgers, which sources all-natural grass-fed beef from right here in New Mexico.
- At MAS Tapas y Vino, you’ll find a wide range of Spanish tapas in a lovely setting and perfect for a unique night out in downtown Albuquerque.
- Slate Street Cafe is a modern urban eatery with an eclectic menu and an upstairs wine loft. Sunday brunch there is divine!
- If food halls thrill you, you don’t want to miss Sawmill Market. It houses some of the best Albuquerque restaurants, and there are more than 20 that call this foodie haven home. It’s located just outside of what’s traditionally considered Old Town, and very worth the visit.
- If you’re looking for a healthy and inspired place to eat, Vinaigrette is a great spot. The space is as bright and charming as their soups, salads, and sandwiches, and we love their wine bar, too!
- Another traditional New Mexican restaurant is Cocina Azul located between downtown and Old Town. It’s where the locals go!
Best Restaurants in Old Town Albuquerque
Given our walkable location on the edge of Albuquerque’s fantastic Old Town neighborhood, many of our guests choose to keep dining simple, and instead of opting to visit some of the downtown Albuquerque Restaurants we’ve recommended above, they walk to one of the equally-as-good restaurants in Old Town Albuquerque. We can hardly blame them, though. The walk to these restaurants in Old Town Albuquerque is easy and interesting, and the restaurants themselves are fun and delicious.
Below, we’ve listed a few of our favorite restaurants in Old Town Albuquerque that we frequently recommend to our guests who’d prefer to keep dinner plans close by.
- Year after year, including in 2023, one of the top Albuquerque restaurants to make our list – which also just so happens to be one of the best restaurants in Old Town Albuquerque – is Antiquity Restaurant! It’s arguably one of the best restaurants in the city, and it’s a fantastic place to enjoy a romantic meal out, especially if you’re here celebrating something special.
- If you’re craving traditional New Mexican dishes, you’re in luck! Several restaurants in Old Town focus their menu on these regionally-inspired dishes, including the Garduno’s and Monica’s El Portal.
- Head to High Noon Restaurant & Saloon for great steaks and fantastic margaritas.
- You can also find some classic American staples at restaurants in Old Town Albuquerque, including delicious pizza at Old Town Pizza Parlor. It’s some of the best pizza in town.
- Seasons is one of the best upscale restaurants in Old Town Albuquerque and serves various fresh and delicious dishes. Their rooftop bar is a great place to dine and grab a drink.
All of these fantastic restaurants in Old Town Albuquerque are within easy walking distance from our Bed and Breakfast, which is just one more of the many great reasons to choose us as your lodging during your stay in this vibrant city. We can’t wait to share these delicious bites and more with you in 2023! Book your room today.