There’s perhaps no better way to see and appreciate the stunning landscapes of New Mexico than to take hot air balloon rides in Albuquerque. Albuquerque, of course, is home to the incredibly popular Albuquerque International Hot Air Balloon Fiesta, which takes place each October. While this event is perfect for ballooning enthusiasts, it’s certainly not the only time to enjoy hot air balloon rides in Albuquerque.
For many, taking hot air balloon rides in Albuquerque is a true bucket list item – and it’s little wonder why. Albuquerque boasts over 300 days of sun every year. With the expansive blue skies and dramatic scenery below, it’s easy to see why hot air balloon rides in Albuquerque are one of the most popular activities. If you’re ready to enjoy views in a way that few others do, it’s time you join us at our #1-rated Albuquerque Bed and Breakfast near Old Town. Book your room with us today!
Amazing Hot Air Balloon Rides in Albuquerque
Albuquerque is known as being the hot air ballooning capital of the world, and as such, there’s ample opportunity to enjoy hot air balloon rides in Albuquerque. Ballooning grew in popularity in New Mexico thanks to the extraordinary weather. The state enjoys plenty of sunny days, but its dry and breezy desert air also provides the perfect conditions to take to the skies.
Most hot air balloon rides in New Mexico take off early in the morning, as that’s when the weather is at its calmest. As the sun comes up, you’ll be taking flight over the quiet, tranquil Rio Grande Valley with the majestic peaks of the Sandia Mountains in the distance. We recommend Rainbow Ryders, World Balloon and Hot Air Balloonatics.
Rainbow Ryders’ sunrise balloon ride is the most popular, but if you’re in town for the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta, you can also book a flight during this event. If you want to plan for a special occasion, they also offer private & special hot air balloon rides in Albuquerque. Whatever flight you choose, don’t forget your camera – it’s going to be breathtaking!
Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta
A visit to the popular Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta is undoubtedly an event worth planning for, and now is the perfect time to do so. 2022 marked the 50th anniversary of this celebration.
The Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta offers ballooning enthusiasts nine incredible days of fun featuring uniquely shaped balloons, balloon rodeos, twilight balloon glows, and a stunning display of balloons floating through the wide-open Albuquerque skies. It’s truly an event to remember. Highlights of this year’s Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta include the following:
- Mass Ascension occurs first thing in the morning of the first Saturday and Sunday of October, and the following weekend. It’s one of the most popular parts of the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta – it’s truly a spectacular sight to behold as hundreds of participating hot air balloons take flight all at once. You can even book hot air balloon rides in Albuquerque during this event.
- America’s Challenge Gas Balloon Race on the first Saturday of Balloon Fiesta.
- The popular Twilight Twinkle Glow is on the first Saturday of October.
- There will be competition balloon flying throughout the week.
- The Special Shape Rodeo happens on Thursday and Friday, followed by the Special Shape Glowdeo each of those evenings.
- The annual Music Fiesta will take place on the second Saturday.
- The yearly Night Magic Glow will take place on the second Saturday.
The Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta grounds are just a short 20-minute drive away from our Albuquerque Bed and Breakfast. We’ll treat you to a delicious breakfast each morning of your stay with us and we offer a quiet and welcoming respite each afternoon. We’re well-situated in Old Town Albuquerque, too, where you’ll find plenty of shopping, great restaurants, and top attractions when you aren’t at the balloon fiesta.
If you want to see this fantastic spectacle, now is the time to get your tickets and make your reservations at our Albuquerque Bed and Breakfast.