New Mexico is a spectacular place to experience new adventures. Temperate weather makes outdoor activities available most of the year for any skill level. Casual bicyclists can enjoy the flat paved road on the Paseo del Bosque Trail as well as some more challenging climbs rising from the Rio Grande River valley, while more energetic cyclists can experience some of the best single-track mountain biking trails in the country. Hiking ranges from slow strolls to view the variety of birds at the Rio Grande Nature Center or carvings hundreds of years old on the rocks at Petroglyphs National Monument to the strenuous La Luz Trail up the rugged face of the Sandia Mountains.
Enjoy a peaceful glider ride in the endless blue sky, horseback riding on mountain trails, a ride to the top of the mountains with breathtaking views on the Sandia Peak tram, or kayaking on the Rio Grande River. Albuquerque is the hot air ballooning capital of the world, and a hot air balloon ride should be on everyone’s bucket list.
- Albuquerque BioPark http://bit.ly/1U5lIzK
- La Luz Trail http://www.laluztrail.com/
- Manzano Mountains State Park http://goo.gl/SQDRUU
- Ojito Wilderness Area http://goo.gl/NfCGus
- Paseo del Bosque Trail https://goo.gl/97akgV
- Petroglyphs National Monument http://www.nps.gov/petr/index.htm
- Sandia Mountains Trails http://goo.gl/YgQDt7
- Rio Grande Nature Center http://goo.gl/XSj8jj