Though there are countless destinations worth visiting in northern New Mexico, including Santa Fe, Taos, and the many rich cultural heritage centers in this part of the state, don’t miss out on your opportunity to experience the best things to do in Albuquerque. Albuquerque is far more than a big city. It’s packed with plenty of varied history, particularly in Old Town, fantastic museums & cultural centers, great restaurants, and more.
Though you might know Albuquerque strictly as the hot air ballooning capital of the world, it’s far more than that. There’s an incredible diversity of things to do in Albuquerque. More importantly, from here, it’s also easy to get to some of the top day-trip destinations in New Mexico, including Bandelier National Monument, Ghost Ranch, the Indian Pueblos, and so much more. Of course, with so many things to do in Albuquerque, you’ll need a comfortable, welcoming place to stay throughout your vacation. There’s no better place to stay than our Old Town Bed and Breakfast in Albuquerque.
Our Bed and Breakfast in Albuquerque is situated at one end of the iconic Old Town neighborhood, and we offer the perfect blend of cozy, New Mexican charm. Stay with us and you’ll find yourself within easy reach of many of the top things to do in Albuquerque, from restaurants and museums to galleries and shops. We offer a unique history and delightful accommodations, and we’d love nothing more than to share our special slice of northern New Mexico with you in 2023. Book your room at our Bed and Breakfast in Albuquerque today!
The Best Things to do in Albuquerque for 2023
Though we make it easy for you to relax and unwind when you stay with us at our Bed and Breakfast in Albuquerque, our location is such that it’s easy to get out and explore for the day – and with so many things to do in Albuquerque, that’s exactly what you should do! Whether you’re into art & culture or would prefer spending your time hiking through the rugged terrain of northern New Mexico, there’s no shortage of adventures to enjoy in this charming city.
Albuquerque truly is a one-of-a-kind city, and it’s one that will take you several trips to fully explore. If you’re ready to start planning, we’ve put together a list of just some of our favorite things to do in Albuquerque. There’s far more to do here than this list implies, though, and we’d be happy to talk to you about it more!
- Without a doubt, one of the best things to do in Albuquerque is to visit the historic streets of Old Town, which is just steps beyond our doors at our Bed and Breakfast in Albuquerque. From visiting the famed San Felipe de Neri Church, Albuquerque’s oldest building, to browsing the great shops, restaurants, and more, you’ll find it’s a vibrant world just begging to be explored.
- As we mentioned, Albuquerque is the hot air ballooning capital of the world. It’s one of the most popular things to do in Albuquerque and something we recommend our guests do at least once! October is a truly magical time to visit, as the city hosts the annual International Balloon Fiesta.
- Don’t miss the top-rated Albuquerque museums while you’re in town, either. They offer incredible insight into this part of the state and our history and rank as one of the best things to do in Albuquerque. Top museums to visit include the New Mexico Museum of Natural History & Science, Albuquerque Museum of Art & History, Anderson Abruzzo Albuquerque International Balloon Museum, National Museum of Nuclear Science and History, and the Indian Pueblo Cultural Center.
- Are you a fan of the historic Route 66? Many of the famed route’s top attractions are within easy reach from our Bed and Breakfast in Albuquerque.
- Dining is an integral part of any visit to New Mexico, where you’ll find a veritable feast of chili-infused dishes and those that invoke the unique cultural confluence that is New Mexico. Here’s our guide to the top Albuquerque restaurants for 2023.
- Wash down all that delicious New Mexican cuisine with a locally-crafted brew. There are plenty of great Albuquerque breweries to visit, and it just so happens to be one of our favorite things to do in Albuquerque, particularly on a warm day!
- If you want to enjoy breathtaking views of the Rio Grande Valley from on high, don’t miss your chance to ride up the magnificent Sandia Peak Tramway. It’s one of the most beautiful things to do in Albuquerque.
- If you’re looking to spend some time in the outdoors, one of our favorite things to do in Albuquerque is to walk or bike the beautiful Paseo del Bosque Trail. Albuquerque is a wonderful destination for hiking and mountain biking.
- The ABQ BioPark is one of the top-rated things to do in Albuquerque and is home to four distinct attractions: an aquarium, a botanical garden, a zoo, and Tingley Beach.
- Head out of town for the day and explore one of New Mexico’s top attractions, the Petroglyph National Monument. Bandelier National Monument is another great spot to spend a day.
The Best Bed and Breakfast in Albuquerque
If these fantastic things to do in Albuquerque aren’t enough of a reason to book your vacations for 2023, then perhaps the chance to stay at one of the best Bed and Breakfasts in Albuquerque will be. There are plenty of places to stay in Albuquerque, but none compare to the friendly accommodations, not to mention the superb location, of our Bed and Breakfast in Albuquerque.
Our Old Town Bed and Breakfast in Albuquerque is the perfect alternative to hotel chains. Instead of a cookie-cutter room without personality, you’ll be treated to smaller, intimate lodging and highly attentive and personalized hospitality. Our Bed and Breakfast in Albuquerque features just seven uniquely appointed guest rooms, each with plenty of authentic history and charm, yet with all the modern amenities you crave in your stay.
One of the best amenities offered at our Bed and Breakfast in Albuquerque’s Old Town is our daily breakfast. We made it fresh every morning and serve it in our sun-lit dining room. Our menu changes frequently, but it always features locally-roasted coffee and a selection of juices, along with fresh fruit and a main entreé. From the moment you first arrive until you head back home, you’ll be treated like family – and that is the difference. Book your room at our Old Town Bed and Breakfast in Albuquerque today!