Dining in New Mexico is almost always a flavor explosion for your tastebuds, and it’s looking to be no different in 2023. As in years before, there are some genuinely fantastic Albuquerque restaurants to enjoy while you’re in town. Some of these Albuquerque restaurants are long-time favorites, and some are newcomers to the scene that have delighted all who’ve ventured through their doors.
Much of the food served at the top Albuquerque restaurants is, as expected, traditional New Mexican cuisine. This, of course, means there is often chile – whether red, green, or Christmas – involved. You can also find plenty of other cuisines in the city, though, not to mention a healthy rotation of cocktails, great beer, and other craft beverages. In short, your culinary adventure through Albuquerque in 2023 is going to be anything but boring!
Though it’s easy to get lost in the delicious nature of these Albuquerque restaurants, don’t forget that there are plenty more things to do in Albuquerque this year, too, including shopping and exploring your way through Old Town. All over the city, you’ll find excellent shopping, plenty of breathtaking natural scenery, an overwhelming abundance of history and culture, and plenty of fun activities to enjoy, including hot air ballooning in the nation’s ballooning capital.
And, of course, there are relaxing afternoons and warm conversations at our top-rated Bed and Breakfast in Albuquerque, located right on the edge of the popular Old Town. Book your room today!
10 Best Albuquerque Restaurants in Downtown & Beyond
Depending on where your adventures take you for the day, there are plenty of fun and vibrant neighborhoods filled with great food in Albuquerque. Many of the top Albuquerque restaurants are located downtown. They are easily accessible from our Bed and Breakfast in Albuquerque, and still, others are in places like the popular Nob Hill Neighborhood and even right here in the heart of Old Town Albuquerque.
Below, we’ve compiled a list of some of the best Albuquerque restaurants worth sampling in 2023.
- If you’re looking for upscale Albuquerque restaurants aside from Antiquity (which is one of the top restaurants in Old Town we tout to guests), we love to recommend Frenchish. This upscale eatery features delicious twists on French classics, and it’s an excellent place for couples in town celebrating anniversaries or other special occasions.
- You may not equate Albuquerque restaurants as hot spots for great seafood, especially cajun-inspired seafood dishes, but that’s exactly what you’ll find at Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen.
- For delicious New Mexican foods and a quintessential taste of Albuquerque, your tastebuds won’t forget, head to Monroe’s Restaurant.
- For a taste of elevated New Mexican cuisine, don’t miss Campo at Los Poblanos – a tried and true favorite among Albuquerque restaurants!
- If you’re looking for something simple yet delicious from Albuquerque restaurants, we recommend the Holy Cow burger from Holy Cow Burgers, which sources all-natural grass-fed beef from right here in New Mexico.
- At P’tit Louis Bistro, you’ll find all the classic French dishes in a lovely setting and perfect for a quaint night out in downtown Albuquerque.
- You shouldn’t leave New Mexico without trying some Native-inspired dishes, and there’s nowhere better to do that than at the Indian Pueblo Kitchen at the Indian Pueblo Cultural Center.
- If food halls thrill you, you don’t want to miss Sawmill Market. It houses some of the best Albuquerque restaurants, and there are more than 20 that call this foodie haven home. It’s located just outside of what’s traditionally considered Old Town, and very worth the visit.
- If you’re looking for a healthy and inspired place to eat, Vinaigrette is a great spot. The space is as bright and charming as their soups, salads, and sandwiches, and we love their wine bar, too!
- We can’t recommend Sister enough for a quick snack and cocktail pre-dinner. It’s also a great go-to for live music in town when dinner is done!
Best Restaurants in Old Town Albuquerque
Given our walkable location on the edge of Albuquerque’s fantastic Old Town neighborhood, many of our guests choose to keep dining simple, and instead of opting to visit some of the downtown Albuquerque Restaurants we’ve recommended above, they walk to one of the equally-as-good restaurants in Old Town Albuquerque. We can hardly blame them, though. The walk to these restaurants in Old Town Albuquerque is easy and interesting, and the restaurants themselves are fun and delicious.
Below, we’ve listed a few of our favorite restaurants in Old Town Albuquerque that we frequently recommend to our guests who’d prefer to keep dinner plans close by.
- Year after year, including in 2023, one of the top Albuquerque restaurants to make our list – which also just so happens to be one of the best restaurants in Old Town Albuquerque – is Antiquity Restaurant! It’s arguably one of the best restaurants in the city, and it’s a fantastic place to enjoy a romantic meal out, especially if you’re here celebrating something special.
- If you’re craving traditional New Mexican dishes, you’re in luck! Many restaurants in Old Town focus their menu on these regionally-inspired dishes, including Church Street Cafe, La Placita, and Monica’s El Portal.
- Head to High Noon Restaurant & Saloon for great steaks and fantastic margaritas.
- There’s plenty of ethnic cuisine throughout Albuquerque, including right here in Old Town at Gobble This. They serve up delicious Salvadoran pupusas in a casual atmosphere.
- You can also find some classic American staples at restaurants in Old Town Albuquerque, including delicious pizza at Old Town Pizza Parlor. It’s some of the best pizza in town.
- Find some fresh and delicious outdoor dining at Backstreet Grill–the huge trees on their patio provide wonderful protection from the sun on hot days.
- If French cuisine is calling your name, but you want to stick close to the restaurants in Old Town Albuquerque, head to the charming French Cafe at La Crepe Michel.
- Seasons is one of the best upscale restaurants in Old Town Albuquerque and serves various fresh and delicious dishes. Their rooftop bar is a great place to dine and grab a drink.
All of these fantastic restaurants in Old Town Albuquerque are within easy walking distance from our Bed and Breakfast, which is just one more of the many great reasons to choose us as your lodging during your stay in this vibrant city. We can’t wait to share these delicious bites and more with you in 2023! Book your room today.