There’s a lot to love when it comes to dining out in New Mexico, and we’re rounding up the best restaurants in Albuquerque for 2022 to prove it! As expected, much of the food in Albuquerque is quintessentially New Mexican, which means it revolves around the state’s prized chiles. The city, as a whole, is very, very into green chiles. Can you blame us?
Albuquerque is New Mexico’s largest city, so it probably comes as no surprise that it’s home to a thriving restaurant scene. But it’s so much more than that, too. There’s excellent shopping in Albuquerque’s old town, plenty of breathtaking natural scenery to enjoy with various outdoor activities, and it’s the hot air ballooning capital of the world. So not only can you enjoy some of the best restaurants in Albuquerque while you’re here, you can have quite a bit of fun while you’re at it!
Of course, no getaway is complete without great accommodations, which is what you’ll find at our charming Old Town Albuquerque Bed and Breakfast. The food you’ll encounter here rivals that of the best restaurants in Albuquerque, but more importantly, you’ll be welcomed with the warmest hospitality in town. 2022 is a year that brings with it a lot of promise. Make it exceptional by booking a room at our Old Town Albuquerque Bed and Breakfast!
The Best Restaurants in Albuquerque for 2022
If you’re going to spend your time eating through the best restaurants in Albuquerque – a noble goal for 2022, to be sure – then you need to get acquainted with the most popular ingredient in town; the New Mexican Green Chile. The flavor of these mild chiles has been described as slightly aromatic, similar to an onion, but they have a unique flavor profile that is somewhat sweet yet spicy and smoky all at the same time.
Green Chile’s were first grown by Pueblo and Hispanic communities throughout New Mexico, so they are a long-standing ingredient in many of its most traditional dishes. As they ripen, green chiles gradually turn red and take on a more mellow, earthy spiciness. It’s a real treat to indulge in these chiles, especially when you do so at the best restaurants in Albuquerque. Here are some of our top picks for 2022:
- If you’re in town and looking for an elevated dining experience that still features some of the classic New Mexican flare, don’t miss Campo at Los Poblanos.
- A really popular dish in Albuquerque is Carne Adovada, a New Mexican-style pork dish stewed in red chile. One of the best restaurants in Albuquerque serving up this dish is Mary & Tito’s Cafe. It’s been a much-loved destination for comfort food for generations,
- Sobremesa Restaurant & Brewery is a relative newcomer to the restaurant scene. It first opened its doors in 2020 but quickly earned a reputation as being one of the best restaurants in Albuquerque. Not only will you find a sensational pint of craft beer here, but you’ll also enjoy a range of Spanish- and New Mexican-inspired tacos, burgers, and bocadillos.
- If tamales are what you’re after, then you have to go to El Modelo Mexican Foods. They have an extensive menu, but their tamales are the true star of the show. They are made fresh daily.
- If food halls thrill you, you don’t want to miss Sawmill Market. It houses some of the best restaurants in Albuquerque, and there are more than 20 that call this foodie haven home.
- If you haven’t eaten in the back of a family-run pharmacy, have you truly lived? The Duran Central Pharmacy, located right here in Old Town, is probably one of the most unique spots on our list, but it also happens to be one of the best restaurants in Albuquerque. They serve up the classics, like delicious enchiladas and tamales, and do them exceptionally well.
- Have you ever had a red chile cheese dog? Say no more – stop into Dog House Drive-In and enjoy one for us. Don’t forget to grab plenty of napkins.
- We can’t recommend Sister enough for a quick snack and cocktail pre-dinner. They offer an eclectic mix of tacos and friends and tots topped with things like kimchi, Sriracha crema, and more.
- For an upscale date-night out place, head to Frenchish and enjoy their delicious twists on French classics.
The Best Place to Stay in Albuquerque
It’s going to take you some time to work your way through the best restaurants in Albuquerque, and time is exactly what staying at our Bed and Breakfast gives you. We’re about as far from a traditional hotel stay as you can get, and that is exactly what makes us one of the best places to stay in Albuquerque.
Our Albuquerque Bed and Breakfast, located in Old Town, offers seven unique guest rooms. Each of our guest rooms is tastefully decorated and includes a wonderful range of amenities. Though our Bed and Breakfast’s historic charm and location near Albuquerque’s thriving Old Town are undoubtedly the stars of any great vacation here, we can’t forget about our breakfasts. We said the food served here rivals that of any of the best restaurants in Albuquerque, and we meant it!
Breakfast is constantly changing here but includes things like a generous dish of fresh fruits with a house-made sorbet, followed by a sweet or savory main dish that is accompanied by a variety of breakfast sausage, ham or bacon, and perhaps scones or biscuits. Our breakfast is the perfect way to start your day as you get ready to explore the incredible city of Albuquerque.
With all of these fantastic things on offer, is it any wonder that Bottger Mansion is rated as one of the best places to stay in Albuquerque? Taste your way through the best restaurants in Albuquerque this year, all while discovering one of the best places to stay in New Mexico, The Bottger Mansion. Book your room today!